97 Chevy S10 4wh H not engageing

I had my truck inspected & they had to replace the Idler arm. Ever = since my 4wh H (electronic engage) clicks when I hit the button but will = not engage. Also, I have a steep hill to climb traveling home every = time I get close to the top my AC center vents go to defrost. I'm not = sure if these problems are related but they started at the same time (I = also had to have my emergency brake cable replaced for Inspection).

I have taken it back to the place that worked on it and they can't find = the cause for either problem. I bought an AC control at a junk yard = (Grade A) didn't help the AC vent problem. Could it be the round black = part that holds the vacuum (mounted to the hood).

My plan is to have a trany shop take a look at the 4wh. I really do use = it every day to climb my steep gravel driveway. I've had several people = ask me what do you need 4wh for this time of year.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Verizon newsgroup

Sounds like a vacuum line came off or was taken off and not reconnected. There is a line that runs to the 4WD actuator under the battery tray. Follow it around and see where it is unhooked.

Reply to
Steve W.