'97 Ford Expedition trans removal

Has anyone pulled the E4OD trans from a '97 expy 4x4? I'm looking for a tech writeup or some pointers on how to do it, with emphasis on the not getting killed part.

Hope someone out there can help! Thanks!

Reply to
beavis

You might consider just pulling the body off to get access. It is not as hard to do as you might think. See

. Ifyou send me your real email address I can send you pdfs of theprocedure from the service DVD. Ed

Reply to
Ed White

======== ========

There is NO tech writeup on the proceedure.

You can't do it without getting hurt.

I can help.

there...there's a pointer, WITH emphasis on not getting killed, but...if you insist on doing it....lemme know.....i've done a couple hundred or so.....

~ ~

- o L O

first thing is....ima gonna demand proof of ownership of 4 ....10 ton jackstands....a transmission jack.... and a look at yer fangernails.

(we don't wanna go at this thing halfcocked you know) (after all.....YOU don't wanna git killed, remember)

~:~ MarshMonster ~pours some helucinagenic in his coffee cup...... grabs his 4 foot long 1/2 to 3/8's snap-on $80 extension......he's will'nif you are~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster