'97 Ford T-Bird, Fuel Pump Problem

My parents are having an issue with their fuel system v6, 3.8. Car will crank, but wont start. The pump is brand new. No fuel getting to/ through fuel filter. Dont believe pump is kicking on. My first thought was the Fuel Pump Fuse (Good), Inertia Switch (Good), and I cannot seem to find a Relay. I read over a book, and it says the Fuel Pump Relay is built-in, integrated within the PCM, and would likely require a dealership to fix (there is no relay, that can be interchanged). Any help or opinion would be appreciated, thank you.

Reply to
legitinc615

Put a test lamp across the brand new fuel pump and see if it lights.

It's entirely possible the brand new fuel pump is bad. The test lamp will tell you for sure.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:6409011c-c6d9-4e56-b212-32fa816de032 @v28g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

hint/tip: unplug connector at inertia switch/apply voltage to pnk/blk wire. this forces volts to pump skipping all relays and ECM...if pump still doesnt run, climb under tank and beat the shit out of the center/bottom of the tank with your hand....if pump still wont run, relplace pump....again..................(pnk/blk wire runs directly to pump)

Reply to
bill