'97 Grand Am Electrical Gremlins ????

Symptoms (All happened at the same time) :

- Blower Motor simply quit while driving...no fan speeds work.

- Daytime running lights not working.

- Rear defogger light came on & won't turn off.

- Hi Beam indicator light flashes on & off until the head lights are turned on.

- 25 Amp Heater/AC & DRL fuse is good, but no 12v supply to the fuse with the key in the "run" position. Hot wired blower motor & it works fine. What gives? Anyone else ever run in to a similar problem? If so, what was the fix? Thanks-in-advance !

Reply to
MBoom1664

I'm not 100% positive that the wiring is near enough the same as my 87, but I would check the fusible links (there are, like 6 in mine..... I don't have my manual in front of me). If you can get your hands on a wiring diagram, it will show you the different fusible links, and what they drive as well as their locations (most are down by starter or in vicinity of battery). That's where I'd start looking, especially since you don't have juice to the

25amp fuse. Just my $0.02 worth.
Reply to
scooter