98 Ford Escort-No voltage to A/C compressor

I have a 98 escort with no A/C. No voltage to compressor. I replaced the high side A/C switch on the receiver/dryer, and checked the Low side switch near the radiator. No go. The compressor still gets no voltage. Is there some sort of A/C relay WAC switch that controls voltage to the compressor? I have looked for the relay under dash and under hood and can't find it. Anything you may know will be appreciated! Thank you!

Reply to
69_muscle

First step, put a jumper wire across the harness connector to the low pressure switch at the accumulator (you called it the receiver /dryer) and see if the compressor engages with the engine running and the A/C turned on. If it runs then you are probably just low on refrigerant. If it still doesn't come on then get a good repair manual and follow the trouble shooting procedures in the book.

Reply to
Kevin