'98 Grand Caravan Sport 3.3

I need to replace the blower motor resistor. Anyone have first hand knowledge of the location of it. Google gave me different locatations, or maybe the same location with different access points? I don't know- just looking for some good advice on how to get in and change it quickly. It is COLD and I don't have a garage!

One article I read said I need to remove the glovebox One article I read said it it under the hood, on the firewall, passenger side.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Reply to
jeh_98

Not knowing for sure, I would look on the firewall. It will be a lot easier than tearing the glovebox out (BELIEVE ME!!!) It will probably be about 1.5" wide and 2-2 1/2 inches long, covered. Unscrew the cover and have a look!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Passenger side firewall, underneath the cowl overhang. Look for a large 5 terminal connector that appears to be "plugged into" the firewall. Unplug this connector, and what's left is the blower resistor. It is held in place by tabs that are integrally moulded into the plastic housing, so you need to gently pry the assembly away from the firewall to remove. If need be you can break it as long as you have the correct replacement ready to go.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish