98 Grand Marquis Back Up Light Lense Broken

Anyone know a good source for the lense for the backup lite for my 98 Grand Marquis? I think than some neighborhood punks shot mine out with a bee bee gun. Wish I could figure out who did it. Dealer cost (I'm guessing is >$150.00) This is a huge rip off for a cheap plastic part. Robert

Reply to
Finite Guy

I tried to mail you a possible path personally. Your email bounced it back.

Reply to
HLS

Reply to
George

Okay.. The best advice, already given, was to go to

Bugger the dealer.

If the lens is not totally destroyed, I have had good luck with a liquid plastic product for patching cracked lenses. Can't remember the exact name, but most car parts places had the kit.

I patched a badly cracked integral lens/fixture in a Pontiac Grand Am that you could not see the original damage. And it lasted. If you have enough pieces to stick back together, this is a cheap and possibly effective way out of the problem.

Reply to
HLS