98 Grand Marquis Backup Lens Outrageous Cost

Hi All; I recently found that backup light lens on my 98 Grand Marquis is broken. Called a body shop and they looked up the cost of the part and it is $175.00 What a load of crap, $175 for a lousey plastic lense? I am considering leaving it alone but my guess is that I will eventually get stopped for a broken light, even thought the lamp still works. I recovered the broken pieces and I tried glueing them back together and then I will try as best I can to glue that back into the hole in the lens. Is there a better way to do this? Robert

Reply to
Finite Guy

Are there no longer any 'auto recyclers' (junkyards) around?

Also- there are a number of companies that sell knockoff autobody replacement parts from the far east that look OK, if price is the primary consideration.

Reply to
olsonm

Or annoying other road users.

Reply to
Brent P

Today I

I called an Acura dealer for a Shift knob - price $50. Then I called another and gave a company name - price $30. No PO needed!

Reply to
Martik

Do you have all the pieces? Before I would pay that kind of money I would try repairing it. I've used 5 minute epoxy for repairs like this in the past with good success. Up close the break is still visible, but from a distance no one can tell

Brian

Reply to
Popeye

Reply to