98 Grand Marquis Horn Problem Persists

My 98 grand Marquis is still blowing fuses when I press on the horn. This happens even if the horn is unplugged which means there is a short to ground somewhere, I replaced the horn relay and that did no good. I think I'm in for an expensive repair because the problem could be the horn switch in the steering wheel. Anyone have any experience with this repair?

Two thoughts...

1 - do you REALLY need a horn?? There have been YEARS go by when I never used my horn.

2 - just wire around it and put a switch someplace on the dash and forget about fixing the steering wheel wiring. Esp in view of 1 above.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

You find flipping the bird works sufficiently enough?

Get a bumper sticker that says, "Horn broken: Watch for finger."

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

For those situations, nothing works. The horn is just to provide an outlet to make one feel better for having done something.

I'd like to be able to have one that says "Horn Broken, engaging RPG".

Reply to
Ashton Crusher