98 Grand Marquis problems (Ball Joints?)

Hi All: I have a 98 Grand Marquis with 88k miles. Last winter I spent a fortune replacing shocks and the pitman arm. The car ran pretty good foe a while but now it's back to it's old crappy handling. I notice when I go over a bump I he a loud clank from the passenger side front.

Anyone have a clue about what this noise is?

I assume that all cars of this vintage including the Crown Vic all have the same suspension problems because of crappy engineering design. I haven't had a car with so many suspension problems since my 72 Plymouth satelite (what a dog) and I'm getting aggravated over paying to replace suspension parts that wear out prematurely.

No wonder so many people opt for imports.

Robert

Reply to
Finite Guy

JimV

I remember your original post, Robert. Did you replace ball joints back then?

This latest misbehavior could be a number of things.. a loose or broken shock might be involved. Just have to check it out and see.

Reply to
HLS

Reply to
Finite Guy