98 LeSabre cranks but....

OK..I removed all the spark plugs and the engine began cranking steadily..Coolant sprayed out of the spark plug hole near the firewall and on the passenger side....Anyway..Put the plugs back in and now the engine cranks well but won`t turn over..Seems to have very little spark...Could anything have happened during the spark plugless cranking or how do I check to see why it has no spark?..Thanks again!

Reply to
Sara Brown

Why do you suppose coolant came out of the cylinder?

Reply to
BobJ

You mean the engine cranks (turns over) but does not try to start??

If you had coolant coming out the spark plug hole, with a 98 (probably series II 3800 enging), you probably have a major problem with the fuel injection manifold, head gaskets, etc.

Reply to
HLS

Pls. see my reply on 6-25. And best of luck. We've fixed many w/same problem and all ran great after. sam

Reply to
sdlomi2

Quit trying to crank it! If coolant came out the spark plug holes the car is broken. If you start the car without fixing the problem you can easily destroy the engine. The intake manifold is a very common problem on these cars. Google 3.8 intake coolant leak and you will find all the info you ever wanted and more.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B.

Thank you for the input...I have pushed it off to the side of the lot for now...I did a Google search and all the posts make it seem like replacing that intake gasket is a pain in the butt...But the car is only a back-up vehicle my brother uses to haul his cleaning supplies back and forth to his car wash each day so if we work on it a bit every weekend we can spread the job out as long as it takes so it`ll be less of a hassle all at once....However I`d hate to waste all that time and still not have the car start..It`s all quite a puzzle :-)

Reply to
CJJ1261

Reply to
mr158912