'98 Taurus overheats

I have a 1998 Taurus that runs absolutely fine except when the AC is turned on. When the AC goes on (it blows cold air) the car starts to overheat and idle roughly. The fans are working in high speed when AC is turned on; and I replaced the thermostat. There is no blockage on the radiator, either. I'm at a complete loss. Any suggestions? TIA.

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^||_ | Miller Lite || |__\____ |_...__...______________||_|__|..=] "(@)'(@)""""""""""*|(@)*(@)***(@)

Reply to
humble user

I forgot to mention that the car overheats,even, on the expressway with good airflow. I'm stumped!

Reply to
humble user

Did you have the water pump pulled and checked? Sure the radiator is not partially plugged up?

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ

My 88 GTA would overhead after I took off the airdam at the bottom of the car (below the rad), maybe you have a similiar problem.

Corrosion/Contamination/Overheating

Reply to
Moondoggie