99 Accord Timing belt

99 Accord V6, how hard to change the timing belt, DIY? Compare to 4 cyl.

Thanks

Reply to
Kee

I guess its all relative.. My 4-cylinder Acura was a pain in the ass because I didn't have a lot of room between the car body sheet metal and engine to get out all the bolts holding on plastic covers and stuff.. An extra inch of clearance would have saved me a lot of time. My guess is that exists in the Accord V6. May I suggest obtaining the factory service manual from Helm and after looking it over, deciding whether it is something you want to tackle..

Timing Belt as a Do-It-Yourself Job: Depends on if you have the tools or not. An impact wrench is invaluable. I also wish I had a set of the "keys" that go into the holes on the camshafts to lock them and the special service tool for holding the crank pulley.. But Other than the usual assortment of wrenches, deep sockets, etc. It's certainly something within the reach of someone comfortable doing automotive repair work.. However, I probably wouldn't do without a couple of air tools. (1/4" Air Ratchet for all those 10mm bolts, and a

1/2" Impact Gun with deep socket set)..

__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'. N38.6 W121.4

Reply to
Barry S.