99 alero rear seat bottom removal

I need to remove the rear seat bottom from my alero to replace the carpet. Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks, Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

BFH, or bubba---------

Reply to
wws

Document ID# 321661

1999 Oldsmobile Alero

Seat Cushion Replacement - Rear

Removal Procedure

Press the rear seat cushion retainer rearward using a flat-bladed tool. (note that there is a retainer on both sides of the seat)

Lift the rear seat cushion upward. Remove the rear seat cushion.

Installation Procedure

Install the rear seat cushion.

Press downward on the rear seat cushion in order to latch the retainer.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Thanks!

Reply to
Glenn

I think I like silver surfers answer better.

Reply to
Glenn