A/C fan not working on 2000 Sienna

My 2000 Sienna's front A/C fan is not working properly. There are four fan speeds on the dial and the first three are not working (no fan movement at all). The highest speed works so it is not the fan motor. A/C is working fine and the Rear fan is working fine too.

My guess is to change the Front A/C blower resistor. Or if there is some other possibility? Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Your guess is probably correct, but I do not have a service manual for that car in front of me. Many cars do use a stepped resistor to control the lower fan speeds and it is common for them to fail and result in the symptom you described. Of course, there are other possibilities depending on how your fan speed is controlled. Perhaps you could check with a local parts supply store to see if a stepped resistor is available for your model. AutoZone online would be a good source to check, they may even have a replacement procedure listed on their web site. Good luck,

Reply to
Kevin

You "guess" is good. In fact I would respectfully disagree with calling it "guess." I think you arrived at the blower resistor by having a pretty good understanding of how the circuit works.

There's always another possibility I suppose, but none at all likely! Replacement could not be easier. Remove panel under passenger side of dash -- two screws. Remove blower resistor which is on the fan housing -- two screws facing the floor. $41.00 retail at the dealer. It is very unlikely you will find it aftermarket. Occasionally blower resistors fail because they ignite leaf fires in the ductwork. You might bring a mirror and a small flashlight and take a peek.

Don

Don