A "little" heat + a new grille

Y'all remember that 92 F150 that we all hate so much? Well, I slammed it into a deer at 70mph the other night (

). Anyway, I just got it backfrom the shop today, and he commented on my heat. According to him, ithas "a little heat." As far as I knew, it had no heat at all. But,apparently he's right - I took a drive with it going full blast, andmonitored the temp on the thermometer, and it was slowly getting warmer- I always figured it was my body heating the place up. It's far from acomfortable amount of heat (the air flow greatly outweighs the heat...it's like being in a 40 degree room with a fan blowing and a candleburning behind the fan). Anywho... he thinks it's the thermostat. I always figured, from what I was told from a few different sources, that it was the heating core. Does this small amount of heat rule out the heating core as the problem? He said he flushed the system, and rather than a gurgling noise like it used to make in the dash when I started the truck, it's now a constant low rumble of sorts.

Also, I could use a new grille. Both of the bottom connecting points were busted in the collision, so it's hanging on at the top now, and is quite floppy, and probably wouldn't do me any good to protect my radiator if I hit anything else - I figure hitting a salvage yard would be the cheapest way to do it... but a salvage yard is a place I've never been - how much do you figure it would cost me to go in and pull my own grille? I figure maybe $20, but a lot of you have more experience with yards than I do ;-)

Thanks Jake

Reply to
Search4Lancer