ABS vibration

This past winter was the first time I drove with ABS in snow. Is there supposed to be a vibration that is transmitted all the way back to the pedal when it activates?

This is a 2002 LeSabre.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Yep, That vibration is the modulation pulses from the ABS controller as it takes control of the brakes.

Reply to
Steve W.

What he said. Some of them are subtle and some make an ungodly racket. But in any case a noise accompanied by a pulsation in the brake pedal is perfectly normal. Just keep your foot in it hard and ride it out (I know, a difficult habit for people who grew up without ABS.)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel