AC in '94 Honda Accord won't blow

I have a '94 Honda Accord with about 160K that's been maintained very well. In the morning when it's only in the mid 70's my A/C will blow. During the day when it was in the high 90's - low 100's it would blow (but not cool) when I first turned on the car. It would progressively blow slower until it would not blow at all after driving 5-10 miles. When I'd slow down or take my foot off the gas, it would blow very little. When I'd speed up, it would blow harder.

Two days ago it began not blowing AT ALL during the day! Today I noticed that when I select "fresh air" (instead of recycled air supply) and speed down the highway to force air into the vents it just barely blows, but it is cool air.

I plan to check my fuse after work, but I'd think it wouldn't work at all if it wasn't getting power. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Reply to
Becky

It sounds as if your blower motor is bad. The blower motor is located up under the passenger side dashboard. It is just a little electric motor attached to a fan. It's not too bad to change yourself - it's just a back breaker crawling up under the passenger side dash. You should be able to pick up a replacement motor from one of your local auto part stores.

Reply to
autorepairbot

Thanks for the response! Not being mechanically inclined, I took it to my mechanic's today and you are right! It is a bad blower motor AND condenser fan. They are charging $317 for all parts and labor. I wish I knew how to replace things like this on my own, but at least I'll have AC this afternoon!

Reply to
Becky