Accord Brake & Transmission Fluid ?

Hello:

My son has a 6 cyl 2005 Honda Accord. Has 28,000 miles on it.

He brought it in to the Honda Dealership for an oil change, and they told him that the Brake Fluid, and also the Transmission Fluid, was "dark and dirty", and both should be replaced next time he comes in for an oil change (probably after another 7,500 miles)

I have always felt that this Dealership has a tendency to "milk" maintenance items.

Do the two fluid problems they mentioned sound reasonable after only 28K ?

If so, what might be the causes of ?

BTW: just a thought here, but how could they even see the brake fluid without bleeding the lines ? Can one tell from the fluid in the reservoir ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Use a screwdriver and dip into the master cylinder reservoir. Using a white napkin, wipe off the fluid from screwdriver, and examine the color - should be light gold not dark Check the transmission fluid as well -start the engine, then pull the tranny dipstick stick out and wipe off onto a white napkin - Examine color on napkin should be bright pink.

Reply to
Daryl Bryant