Air Filter for CIVIC?

hi, i got a 98 civic gli hatchback and was thinking about getting a sports air filter, will it make it sound better? can u notice the difference? how much would one cost?

thnx

Reply to
Sandro

No. No, $55.

Reply to
Bruce Chang

I assume you're talking about one of the cone filter deals, you will notice more intake noise which may or may not be pleasing to your ears. Unless you get one of the kits with a heat shield you will actually notice a decrease in HP when hot as the engine will be sucking hot underhood air. (this is one of my pet peeves with the "riceboy" crowd - a 5HP increase on the dyno with the hood up does not necessarily translate into a 5HP increase on the road!) Even if you get one of the good, true cold-air kits you may or may not notice a significant increase in HP. Cost is dependent on the quality of the kit. Overall unless you are really hardcore into modding your car I'd say the benefits are small.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel