AIR PROBLEMS

I have a 96 chevy corsica and my air will not work! All at once the fan and the air stoped working could this be a bad relay? all my controls work fine for the heater and the vent. The fan only turns on if the car gets hot enough and will not turn on when i turn on the air and the air feels just like the vent when it is turned on.

thanks

Reply to
evergladetool

ok last night i thought maybe the switch was bad for the compressor so i by passed it and the compressor turns on ok but it will not cool that way even with the air turned on. I now think it could be the sensor since the fan is still not turing on.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
evergladetool

Sounds like a pressure sensor, or the system could be low on refrigerant.

Reply to
corning_d3

Time to get out the old test light and ac gauges like low and high set.

And say no to them death kits. Wal Mart DEATH KITS

You cannot properly and safely recharge an air condition system with them.

The one side stop and go gauge does not tell you what your system is doing or is over charged or undercharged. A overcharged or malfunction air condition system can reach over 500 lbs of pressure. Enough to blow up that can or system and freeze you at first and the burn you or blind you and if any propane /butane in there blow and light you up.

The stop leak crap and who knows what kind of oil in the kits there will stop your system for sure. Just like pouring super glue in it. And some kits even contain freon with a butane mixer. Good for a big blast.

If you are going to do it do it right and safe. Here is what you need to start with.

In the older days you could just throw in a can and go. But over the years just adding freon is getting harder to do. Newer systems have to have the correct amount of freon down to the ounces. Most will need pumped down and vacuumed down and the right and amount of oil and a set amount freon charge installed to get the air to cool right and the system to last. If an air condition is low there is usually a leak that needs fixed and also a lose of lubricating oil from system. Also air and moisture enters a low system If you are going to try to do it get the proper type air condition gauge set with the low and high side gauges. Hook up the gauges and get a reading with compressor running at idle and at 2000 rpm on the high and low side. Post back pressure reading and we can help you. MT

Reply to
MT-2500

That is part of my problem i brought it to firestone shop and they looked at it and told me that it was a elertical problem and that was all they could tell me they did say it was full of freon so i piad 40$ for nothing from them.

corn> Sounds like a pressure sensor, or the system could be low on

View this thread:

evergladetool

Reply to
corning_d3

Well you caught me. Copy and past from MS Word Saves a lot of typing. I may have to reword it a little to keep it interesting. MT

Reply to
MT-2500

Nah, it's gets the point across about Wally World junk.. I still read it all....

Reply to
corning_d3