Air pump that will automatically inflate to a specific pressure, and stop?

I was wondering if anyone knew of an air pump that can be set to a specific pressure and will automatically inflate the tire to that pressure? That is, I turn a dial on the pump to a specific PSI, and then I connect the pump to my car tires. The pump will start inflating the tire and automatically stop when it hits the correct PSI.

This would make it a lot easier for me to keep my tires inflated. I have a pump with a tire gauge, but that gauge doesn't display the correct value unless I stop pumping (the act of filling air increases the pressure), and I have to stand there and watch it.

Reply to
Timur Tabi

Timur Tabi wrote in news:60cffcb0-804c-46eb-a4f6- snipped-for-privacy@w24g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

I have yet to see a gauge inline with the pump be any kind of accurate at all. you have to use a good gauge to check them anyway. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Reply to
Roy Bragg

I use an El Cheapo Campbell-Hausfeld compressor from Wally that has a tap in the line so I can apply a good pen-style pressure gauge -- That way I'm not interrupting the process to get a reading.

Kinda expensive, but the pump that Firestone uses in the Ride-Rite air springs might do what you want.

Pete

Reply to
ratatouillerat

I prefer the kind that keep on pumping and I can stop them where I want them. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

A dial gauge would be easier to monitor than a pen gauge because you don't have to keep resetting the gauge by pressing in the pen to take another reading; instead you get an instantaneous continuously varying reading as the pressure increases.

What you want is a domestic version of the pumps that many gas stations have which allow you to key in the pressure that you want, in PSI and/or bar, and then inflate to that pressure and stop with a bleep to alert you - or deflate the tyre if it's already over the required pressure.

Reply to
Mortimer