Algae-powered vehicles within five years

It sounds good to me. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You will be better off getting that mule and wagon I mentioned...

Reply to
hls

Mules will run off algae too.

Hell, my friend had her mule eat the bumper off her Toyota...

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Festus had it right, Ruth, the Mule. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:hk7jh1$9k8$ snipped-for-privacy@panix2.panix.com:

They'll eat a Trabant for lunch

Reply to
fred

That Trabby would run forever on mulegas. :>)

Reply to
hls

Sure, but even a Geo Metro will eat a Trabant for lunch.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

The bodies on Trabants are made of pressed cotton, aren't they?

I want an old East German warbling Wartburg car to play with. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Better to make them run off of methane, then they can be fueled from all the "let's save the environment with failed ideas from the '70's" BS that's flowing in the streets.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

Thankyou. Someone got it at least.

Reply to
fred

I know what you meant. They were fiber reinforced polymer bodies, but the fiber was cotton or wool.

All in all, they were a mode of transportation in a shitteaux economy. You could tear them down with a crescent wrench and a screwdriver.

When I lived in Europe, the east Germans were pulling these things out of the junkyards to rebuild them as nostalgia pieces.

There was little enough positive nostalgia in east Germany.

Reply to
hls

On the web, The warbling Wartburg Car

From what I read about them, the two stroke engines in those Wartburg cars make a sort of a warbling noise.Music to my ears.I want one of those sporty looking warbling Wartburg cars. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net:

With less grunt than a VW bug...

Reply to
fred

Only the Stasi will catch you in your warbling Wartburg. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

In a sense we have algae powered vehicles now. Oil, from which gasoline is refined, is not old, baked dinosaurs, it is from single celled algae-like plants.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

I love those cars. My DKW sounded like a popcorn machine at idle. I'm sorry I sold that one. My buddy has a Trabant that we play with..24 throbbing horsepower....

Reply to
ben91932

I remember back in the 1950s or 1960s, in one of my Popular Mechanics, or Popular Science magazines, I read about the DKW cars.Three cylinders and each cylinder had it's own ignition coil.I would like to have one of those cars.

I want one of those new Air Car/vans too.Air Cars run on compressed air. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net:

Assuming they can shift in to forward - I refer to the Top Gear episode where they took out the secret police staff car (for lack of a better name). James May was driving it and Clarkson was hamming it up in the back with a rifle. In any case at one point they have to turn around and May pushed to button (buttons *on* the dash between the wheel and the driver's door) to change to drive and the button pops all the way in.

Reply to
fred

Wasen't that an old Russian copycat ZIL car? Sort of kind of modeled after a Packard car. (Russia,,,, We invented it first!) cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You could always try a Subaru 360, those were sold in the U.S. for a few years. Nice 2-stroke ring-a-ding. Or maybe go for an old 2-stroke Saab.

Reply to
Roger Blake