Almost on-topic: Anyone using a Bluetooth Speakerphone?

I bought a bluetooth hands-free on eBay for $14. You get what you pay for. The one good thing was it has a headphone jack, so I connected a Rad Shack amplified CB speaker for more ooomph, but the speaker is awkward. It is somewhat audible now. Part of the problem might be my old Palm Treo 650, not known for their sound quality.

I want something LOUD! Remember, spring is coming and the Supra with the Sport Roof is coming out of the garage soon, and I want something I can HEAR!

Some of them have FM transmitters as well, but I'm a bit leery of broadcasting my phone calls to the 5 cars around me...

Any recommendations?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I use an mp3 player to play tunes through the FM when driving. They don't broadcast very far and someone would have to be turned to the right frequency and drive really close to be able to listen to much of a conversation. I doubt it would even be possible. There must be a thousand ways to get from here to there. Lots of things on youtube about this kind of thing, here is a simple one.

It's one of those trial and error things, I think a baseball hat with vlecro might work the best.

Reply to
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

The bluetooth in my old Palm Treo had such a short range that I pretty much had to hold it next to my bluetooth earpiece for anyone to hear me or for me to hear anyone, which defeated the purpose of hands free.

I now have a Blue Ant ear piece which works very well. The noise cancellation function seems to work, people can hear me, and I can hear them, and the range is good enough that I can leave the phone in my car and answer from outside when filling up.

Reply to
Ray O

BlueAnts are EXPENSIVE! I have a plantronics earpiece I got cheap (the cell co I had had a jar on the service desk for a month, and I got 50% off on headsets...) but I don't use it. You still have a radiation emitter next to your head, and even more than just using the phone. I'm looking for a speaker phone. If I were /NORMAL/ and had only one car I'd wire in one of these

but with three cars 'in rotation' I'd had to get...er, three. And there's the consideration of summer driving with the roof off...

These are supposed to be pretty good

Best Buy had spaces for three Motorola units...all empty...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I talk to people on Bluetooths all the time, they all sound like shit to the party on the other end. They're an overpriced piece of crap designed to help you look like a total douchebag in public and be more dangerous on the road.

Yeah, pay attention to the road and stay off the damn cel-phone while you're driving. You're not important enough for it to be a necessity.

Reply to
The Dark One

BTW, you really should do something about leaving your face hanging out. How many Longwoods are there in FL? Two?

See ya later, pongesbob.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I had a Plantronics Voyager bluetooth ear piece and I was not happy with it because people had a hard time understanding what I was saying and the hooks for the ear piece kept breaking.

Next, I got a Jawbone, and it wouldn't work well unless it was touching your jawbone. During the course of a conversation, it tended to move away from my jawbone and the sound quality would deteriorate until I moved it back.

My BlueAnt is the first one I've been happy with.

I've heard good things about the Motorokr speaker units, and since they use the car's speakers, I would imagine that you can make them plenty loud.

Reply to
Ray O

Dude, this is ME you're talking to. I could wire the thing right into the stereo!!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

It pulled your attention - such as it is - away from the amoeba stupid simple - and you are - act of putting on a turn signal.

That guy told you off because he was sick of dealing with dickheads like you. You waved your single middle digit to show him your IQ.

Yes, some of you are.

The truth hurts, huh.

Followed in quick succession by several others - ironically in the midst of declaring to the universe how capable and on top of it all you imagine yourself to be. Yeppers - a real testament to your neuro- motorskills connection and powers of concentration. Not to mention that decent browsers these days even have built-in spell check. Maybe it's time to upgrade from Netscape 1 genius.

Look in the mirror.

Of course - yours stands alone in the universe as being immune from physics.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that you'd latch onto lame, unoriginal catchphrases. Why don't you just take out a full page ad in USA Today declaring that you're professional putz. ==>insert your photo here And if you need, I'll send you a set of tools so you can remove all the

The biggest tool in *your* car can be found in the driver's seat attached to the steering wheel.

Reply to
The Dark One

Would you believe I was in dollar general, Family Dollar or one of those dollar stores to buy some gloves and they had Jupiter Jack for 10 bucks. I wanted it for the adapter because I have a samsung phone and need the adapter for the headset I have. The little thing actually works, maybe not the greatest but it does work. I can play the mp3s on the phone through the FM radio and the wired headset works now. Main problem is it uses a little lithium battery to power the thing, those probably run a couple or 3 bucks, and a selection of only 2 FM frequencies. The guy in the next car won't be listening to you on this thing, 5-8 feet seems to be maximum range for this thing. Or you can order online and buy one get one FREE!!!!!!! only 6.99 S&H What a deal, what a deal. Be sure to tell them Fat Moe sent you and ask for the Toyota Stuck Gas Pedal Special code number OH-SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

FatterDumber& Happier Moe

The only phone I use is a land line phone.I keep it unplugged except for when I want to use it.Works Great for me. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

We have a very powerful radio station at 99.3 here...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

But wait there's more! This high quality unit is made at the famous ChinkyDinkyWinkee factory in China and uses only the highest grade plastic, genuine copper plated components were absolutely necessary and it has a switch allowing you to tune to 103.1 If you have a station at that frequency you might also consider the ChinkyDinkyWinkee move to Montana model, it comes with a cowboy hat and a coupon for 2.00 off on a carton of Marlboro's.

Reply to
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

I was thinking about doing something with the radio, but you have to remember my stable of autos! ;) Needs to be somewhat portable.

I did a fair amount of research and found the Motorolas get the highest ratings for ease of use and sound quality. I went into Best Buy but they had nothing in stock (was looking for a T215 or T 325) So I bought one on eBay (A T305) for $15

Of course, the next day I walk into Best Buy and they have a T325 sitting on the rack...

Just waiting for it to get here...

Thanks for the input. This would be the best solution, and one I may use for the Scion, since I want to keep it neat looking.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

That's the best solution I've heard yet! ;)

Unfortunately, I'm a Factory Service rep for Dell, and need to have a cell.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

LOL! "Dude! You're gettin' a Cell!"

Place groans here:

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

There are cell phones available nowadays than can do anything a computer can do.And almost everybody is toteing one too. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

My guess is that these devices will replace the desktop computers soon. The problem is that computer savvy folks don't know much about these new mobile devices. I have no idea what the heck my Android OS phone is doing most of the time - it will start applications and I constantly have to force them to stop. Stopping apps on my phone has become a regular routine that I'll do several times a day. I can't remove most of the crap that come preloaded or configure the apps in any useful way. Things look very dim as far as security for mobile devices go.

Reply to
dsi1

I wear eyeglasses.I am waiting on eyeglasses with built in PC technology. Someday, there will be such thingys on the market. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin