anti-lock light?

I have a 1996 chev. S-10 about 150,000 miles on it. Lately my anti-lock lights up every once in a while what could cause that and how to fix? My brake shoes on all four are good and the brake fluid level is good. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Reply to
Darlene Biel

Could be a lot of things. Have it scanned and see what the codes stored are. That is the only starting point.

Reply to
Steve W.

Generally, there are two components to fail to an abs system. A wheel speed sensor or the control module. Take your pick which with 150K miles, however; it's not uncommon for wheel speed sensors to go bad.

--Jason

Darlene Biel wrote:

Reply to
Mechanicjay

Only two???, man this job is easy!!! Go with Steves advice and have it diagnosed. After all, it is your brake system, and there are three wheel speed sensors on your truck.

Reply to
Certainly

Yep and only one of those is an easy to replace item. The front units are part of the brake shield and require you remove the front hub to replace them. Much easier to have it scanned and see what the problem really is before you just shotgun the parts at it.

Reply to
Steve W.