Anti Theft Activation ?

Hello,

Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse.

I'll call the Dealer today, but they will undoubtedly say to bring it in, which is really hard for me to do for the next few weeks.

Car is in my locked garage.

This morning, early, the horn started flashing, and the lights going on and off like crazy.

Probably the anti-theft got activated, somehow.

Certainly no attempted breaki-in, as the garage doors are locked and everything quite normal.

Just "something" happened" to activate it.

First car I've ever had with all these anti-theft features being part of it, and all the computer nonsense built in

Does this happen "often" ? To new Buicks in particular ?

What might have caused ? EMI interference, or... ?

Any thoughts on would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Most likely the panic button on the keyfob got pressed.

Reply to
Mark Olson

# 1 answer is children under the age of six getting their hands on the remote.

My neighbor's van has power sliding doors and hatch gate. Every now and then the three doors open and remain open for 2-3 hours. Nobody comes out of the house. I close the doors manully then tell the neighbor about it - again.

harryface

91 Bonneville 318,876 05 Park Avenue 86,285
Reply to
Harry Face

Seems to me that I remember a rash of burglaries where the thieves go down streets and randomly generate remote control codes for garage doors, etc. I doubt this is the case, but is not impossible.

Knew a guy in Houston who was cursed by the alarm repeatedly going off on his big rig, until he finally got pissed off and shut it off. Then, the thieves came back and stole the 18 wheeler.

You never know.

Reply to
hls