Any Camaro fans out there?

I've owned a 1978, a 1985, and currently a 1994 and 1969 Camaro. M

first Camaro was a '78 with built small block. It was extremely fas (for a while), but it had zero trunk space and it seemed I wa constantly working on it. My second Camaro was an '85 with a v6. I was no performance monster, but it had a nice ride, acceptabl performance, and decent gas mileage. Although I wasnt initially a fa of the rear hatch or its overall styling, I eventually found the hatc very convenient and the body style definitely grew on me. If I was t buy another 3rd gen, I'd get an '82, that way I could modify th drivetrain without getting hassled by the State Inspection system. Unfortunately, the frame on the '85, near the p/s box, wasn't designe very well and eventually 'ripped' where the p/s box attached to it. The bottom of both doors were rotted and the trans started to slip. S long '85.

I then bought a '94 Z28 convertible. Which I love. Its white with re stripes and a black power top. I'd get constant compliments in the car Men, Women, kids. It was great. I had one kid say, "Wow, is that race car?" My friend in the passenger seat was green with envy becaus he owned a very pricey Cadillac convertible (it cost several times wha I paid for the Z) and no one ever seemed to notice it. It i definitely the best Camaro of the bunch as far as out-of-the-bo performance, handling, and creature comforts go. The LT1 350 is wonderful engine. I've had zero mechanical problems with the car sinc I purchased it. It currently has 138k miles on it and still run awesome. It has 2.73:1 gears and 16" wheels and will still smoke th tires. Gotta love that! My only issues with the '94 is my inabilit to customize it without buying special tools, learning compute engineering or getting hassled trying to get a sticker. I parked th '94 about 2 years ago because of all this. (Wanna buy a '94?).

Which lead me to purchase my favorite of the bunch. A 1969 Camaro SS. I looked high and low for many months before I found the one I bought. I wanted one that hadnt been customized, repaired, restored, or raced. I finally found one in Florida, had my dad pre-inspect it for me, an then flew down, checked it out, bought it, and drove it home t Massachusetts. (That was fun all by itself). Like most old cars i needs a lot of little and not-so-little stuff. Its got a ton of flaws but most people seem to like it anyway. I think the best thing about i is that I've met so many people because of it. I also like the fac that I can work on it without a repair manual because I've owned and/o worked on so many other old GM cars. ('66 442, '69 Lemans Conv, '68 G conv., '68 Satellite, '69 Skylark, etc).

I didn't see any Camaro stuff on this site, so I thought I'd get th ball rolling. So, what's your favorite car? Why do you like it? If you could'v kept one of the cars you sold back in the day, what would it be?

"See you on the road, Bronze". Happy motoring

-- arocar

----------------------------------------------------------------------- arocars's Profile:

this thread:

arocars

Nice. Head over to f-body.org for some Camaro discussion. :)

Ray

76 Camaro Dirt Track Stock Car 80 Trans Am Project Car 01 Trans Am Ram Air (12.18 w/Nitrous)
Reply to
ray

  • 69 Z
  • 74 Z
  • 78 Z
  • 81 Z

currently: 95 Z convertible (red/black leather)

mst