Any diesel mechanic gurus on here?

It really sounds to me like your inj. pump has problems. What is the history of the pump? Engine? Have you ever had it running, or is this a salvage project?

I had a similar problem recently, and the pump turned out to be bad. I couldn't get the pump to prime, no matter what. Finally starting looking at it and the drive cam for the rack had broken(Rochester pump). That's why I asked if the pump was turning. Just because the drive gear is turning, doesn't mean that everything in the pump is turning.

But you still would have saved a day if you would have just stated your problem right up front. ANY advice you recieve via Usenet is worth what you paid for it. It's up to you to filter it.

By giving everyone a hard time about their "qualifications" before even asking a real question is just being belligerent. It doesn't gain you anything. Ask the question. If you get a nonsense answer, then don't follow their advice.

Nope. But I do know several. I have just never found the time to get my license. Now even easier as their is no Morse req. Someday.

Reply to
cyberzl1

But he's right... they ARE air locked. As soon as you could be BOTHERED to post the actual symptoms, everyone and their dog figured it out immediately.

Reply to
Steve

How the hell would YOU know? I haven't seen your name around here, but most of the ones you're ragging on (including me) have been here for 5,

8, 10+ years. Or maybe you're just the latest sock-puppet for one of our trolls?

of a number

It actually has a reputation for trolls who can't ask a simple question without showing THEIR ass and turning a thread into a soap opera.

Reply to
Steve

I DID and YOU stated that YOU had bled the air out of the lines to the pump.

Reply to
Steve W.

LOL! Ok, sorry folks I am bored so I will feed the troll....

So far a total of 20 BS posts from him. 16 insulting the group or persons in the group.

And let's see just 'what' he has to say in the other posts, eh:

One part of the circuit only...

Shit like that happens when you run out of fuel and air lock the lines.

That is what caused the problem likely. It should also be the first thing to fix....

See above about air locks...

he still thinks there are shortcuts for fools that run out of fuel eh.

That assumption sure has made an ass out of him hasn't it. LOL!

Now this is just 'too' funny. If the air is out of everything and there is no fuel, then Just 'What' is 'in' everything, A vacuum????? Or maybe he filled it with water??

You don't have to bother your pointy little head about replying to this, buffalo it is after all only troll bait.

Mike

Mike Romain

Mike,

You really cannot grasp what is going on. There never was a tank but that doesn't matter to you in your fantasy land.

I never ran the beast out of fuel but you go right ahead with your fantasies and disregard the facts.

You are a real jerk.

buffalo

"THEY" are NOT air-locked. Some of you just cannot or really refuse to get this.

buffalo

NOW HEAR AND UNDERSTAND THIS:

I have been working on this generator and had this and that off of it i.e, filters, lift pump, hoses, input/output fuel hoses and during the course of this, naturally, air gets into the system. Anyone that works on diesels understands that no air can be in the system although a little may be tolerated to the point of rough running. Air in the fuel circuit is a no-no.

Now, run along and make up your own scenarios without asking for the facts.

buffalo

You SAID that you bled the lines to the injection pump, ergo there WAS air near the injection pump and the potential for air getting into the pump.

You ASKED specifically about bleeding the pump, ergo YOU obviously think there was/is air in the pump.

IF there was air in the pump, there's a 99% chance that the lines to the injectors also have air bubbles in them.

But since you seem to know everything, just fix it yourself.

Reply to
Steve

Cyberzl1,

I really think that my posts are not being read in their entirety. Early on, I said that it had run for ~15 seconds and then shut down.

I have no history on any part of the unit other than it has a total of 500 hours.

If this 'plug/screw' at the base of the pump is for looking inside for timing purposes, it is mighty small. Maybe there is a 'fixture' such as a pin that is to be inserted in order to time it?

Now, to the contempt again: Usenet is full of wannabe this or that's. They are time wasters who love to shotgun or guess at a problem in order to look like they know what they are doing. Been there too many times and it usually comes to pass that the person is just barely qualified to turn on his computer.

I really do like to help folks solve a problem. NOT TO LOOK GOOD, as is obvious, I could care less how I appear but, to help them get something going gives me a warm feeling.

When I do this, I always state my qualifications up front so that they know that I have the knowledge and experience to help them and not just leading them down some path and they eventually find that I was shotgunning it. Also, although they would never admit it, there are many parts changers in this forum. You can tell that by their approaches to a 'fix'

Re: hams. Personally, I hate it that they did away with the c.w. requirement. C.w. is a very pleasurable mode and too, it is a bit difficult to learn but that makes one value the license even more. The 'dumbing down' just continues.

Back to the problem: Recall that I said that I THINK the pump is a Rossa/Stanadyne but I will be at the unit today and make sure.

Have you ever rebuilt a pump?

Thanks

b.

Reply to
buffalo

MISTER, you just cannot think. You have no idea how long I have been here-as if that matters. You are so stupid, you don't realize that one can have many names, computers, lurk, etc.

You must think that this place is yours .....BUZZ OFF and go beat your wife and molest your kids.

buffalo

You, sir/madam are a bald faced liar!

Mike

Mike Romain

LOL!

Let me get this latest bullshit right, there never was a fuel tank, but you didn't run it out of fuel.

Are you feeding it methane from all the BS you are spouting?

Mike

buffalo wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

When did you say this? I just searched the whole thread again, and never found this little tidbit.

This doesn't really help a whole lot. Means you ran out of fuel. Big deal, we knew that already.

You weren't very specific, so I guessed. Either way, I don't think it is a bleed screw. Any bleeder would be near the top of the pump. Somewhere above the high pressure section of the pump.

I agree. Disappointed they did away with that requirement as well. I once knew how, but have long since forgotten.

Yes, but not a Rossa/Stanadyne. Bosch/Rochester bank style pumps. I don't have the equipment to do it now. Still know a few guys that do, but most are pretty much retired.

Reply to
cyberzl1

"buffalo" wrote in news:OZuph.9731$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

And BINGO, we now have the tipical troll answer. So PLONK KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

This is fun to watch. Why anyone on here would give you the time of day, or any advice is beyond me!

Keep it up....we need some fun around this place.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Ever heard the term 'shuffle off to Buffalo?'

Because your subject line asks; "Any diesel -mechanic- gurus on here?" If you were asking for a diesel guru, he appropriate term would be; 'Any diesel gurus on here?'

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Is the TPMS thing winding down? ;-)

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Very funny! Lol. Haven't had time to check responses..."if" any.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

In other words it ran until you started working on it...... I guess you better not quit your day job 'cause you suck at fixing things.

Reply to
Bob