Any sources for a/c compressor reseal kits?

I have read several articles on rebuilding (actually putting in the new seals and o rings) in a Nippondenso compressor used on a Porsche. No mention in the article as to where these parts came from. It doesn't seem that Porsche sells Nippondenso compressor parts.

Any ideas where I could get these parts for a C-171 compressor that isn't leaking (yet)? I will be re building an a/c system (after the local shop evacuates it to ensure the refrigerant is gone). Might be a wee bit of R-12 left in it. Lots of labour and I can do that. The checking for leaks and charging can be done by the a/c types.

Boy are there a LOT of guys who want to take shortcuts with almost no evacuation etc when doing a/c conversions and sell this "blend" or that product because they say "I don't need R-134A". Duuuhhhh?

Makes me wonder what is the practical use of "certification".

Reply to
Ken Pisichko

I have had success in buying rebuild kits from a local independent auto air conditioning shop. Check around in your area, you might get lucky.

Reply to
E. Meyer

I bet you can find it here.

Akacguy6161

Turned out that

out of Phoenix, Arizona has the kits needed. A new clutch is easy to find almost anywhere.

Thanks for the advice.

Reply to
Ken Pisichko