Anyone ever tested Sunpro oil pressure gauge for accuracy?

Wondering how accurate a Sunpro oil pressure gauge is likely to be - trying to determined whether I have an oil pressure issue.

Anyone ever checked one against a known accurate gauge?

Reply to
Doc

maybe, but since it's not the gage YOU have right now today, and I didn't test it after I dropped it four times, it's irrelevant.

Sun Pro is a well known trusted mfgr, IMO, but nothing lasts forever. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

No but my guess is that accuracy will be good enough. Typically oil switches turn on the trouble light at a very low oil pressure, say 5 psi or below. Normal oil pressure is roughly 40 psi at highway speeds and 12-15 psi at idle (Chevy small block. Likely similar on a Japnese make).

Vito

Reply to
uncle_vito