anyone have an old Trico catalog?

Looking for some information on old Trico wiper blades, specifically those used on old Corvettes and Studebakers. I have gotten to the point where I have determined that the original blades for 63-66 are a PR-15 or PR-15-W and don't know what the diff. between them is. Does the "W" denote matte finish or something else? Looking for numbers for both a

15" PR-series blade with bright stainless (63-65) and matte (66) finishes with bayonet attachments.

The only Trico catalog that I have was printed in 1959 and is no help :/

The reason that I am doing this is to try to determine what exact wiper blades were factory installed on various year/model cars to help other enthusiasts easily find show-correct parts (e.g. on eBay or at swap meets)

thanks for any help!

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I have no answer to the question, but it reminds me about today's New York Times...

First time I saw an Avanti it looked like a mash-up of 70s design ideas, both production and kit-car. Then I realized that it embodied all those 70s ideas in 1962 and came away with a lot more respect... (Whether I *like* it, I still don't know; my tastes run more toward Brooks Stevens. But it was like not much else on the road then, and quite influential.)

Next up: old Corvettes.

--Joe

Reply to
Ad absurdum per aspera

> First time I saw an Avanti it looked like a mash-up of 70s design > ideas, both production and kit-car. Then I realized that it embodied > all those 70s ideas in 1962 and came away with a lot more respect... >

I still can't quite forgive Brooks Stevens for the GT Hawk though... It's not a bad looking car until you realize that it was based on the original Bob Bourke '53 hardtop...

The Avanti I'm conflicted on like you. It looks great from behind, or from behind the wheel, but some views are lovely and some are just a little awkward.

Note that the pic in the article is an Avanti II, which has the front end raised up a little compared to the original Avanti, which had a bit of a rake to it. To my eye that completely changes the character of the car, and I prefer the original which has a much more hot rod vibe to it.

Cool...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Perhaps the W stands for Winter blades.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I don't have any old Trico catalogs, but yesterday I thought of a ''Trick''.You know how the wiper blades rubber will flatten down after a long while? For vehicles you don't offten drive, put a little piece of wood or plastic/whatever between the wiper arms and the windshield, to keep the rubber off of the windshield. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

you're joking, right?

Reply to
jim beam

He may or may not be, but it's not the correct answer. However, the

1959 Trico catalog that I have does list winter blades, so they've been around for quite a while. The part numbers listed for them are AR-11-1; AR-13-2; and AR-15 ("Arctic" series.)

As best I can figure, no suffix on an old Trico part number means either a "wrist-action" or universal attachment, a dash-2 means "bayonet" attachment only (which is what I want, a pox on "universal" wiper blades on a nice old car!,) and that's about as far as I got. There's even exceptions to that, however, e.g. the PR-16 (no suffix) has a Chrysler-type pin attachment. This is even more confusing than trying to figure out spark plug mfgrs. part numbers (and if you look on my web site, that is actually where this all started...)

I did just order some more literature (Studebaker-specific pages pulled from an old Trico master catalog,) but don't know whether it's going to answer my question or not.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I know the Anco brand with a "W" in the part # means wide blade. I'm not sure if Trico is the same or not though.

Reply to
m6onz5a

I like the original round headlamps ddesign better than the later.

Reply to
Stude

Hey Karl, did you see that I did in fact find most of the solution to my original question, and posted it to the SDC forums? I still haven't

100% answered the authenticity question, but I *did* find a refill that will work with the old style Trico blades.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel