Anyone know of an inexpensive K+CAN obd2 diagnostic cable (or K+DCAN) with pins 7 and 8 intact?

Carb? They haven't been on bimmers & beemers for a long time!

Reply to
Mina

I think that is the _problem_ and not the solution.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

There's a Solex on my 2002 right now, today. It's getting a little long in the tooth for daily commuting but I take it work at least once a week. Runs great, no diagnostic cable needed. The manual choke is a great theft-prevention system too.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

solex suck. and not in a good way. go weber.

Reply to
jim beam

Yeah, it's true. The original could be ordered with the Solex, Weber, or an arcane Bosch fuel injection system. The Solex variant was the cheapest, so that's what I got. I've been saying I am going to upgrade it for the past 25 years, but other things have been higher priorities.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

coming from the other direction, once you have the weber[s], you'll be kicking yourself for not having done the swap ages ago. you won't live forever so get it in while it's still worthwhile.

Reply to
jim beam

My 2002s both had the Weber. Can't say if they were any better than Solex but awesome response and very reliable.

Reply to
AMuzi

I would rather have a manual choke than an automatic choke that I have no way of controlling [1] what it does. Fuel injection the opposite (and yes, there are fuel injected engines with manual enrichment circuits in current production, but maybe not on cars).

[1] By this I mean while driving - I am aware that one can adjust/modify how these operate, but that is another thing altogether.
Reply to
T0m $herman

I thought the 2002tii used Kugelfischer injection, not Bosch? Or were some of the parts Bosch built?

I've never driven a 2002tii but I certainly would enjoy the opportunity.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel