anyone tried new Kumho's?

Hi,

Need a decent tire without spending too much (don't we all).

Something brough my attention to Kumho so I did a lot of searching on them. Hard to find an objective opinion. People either love 'em or hate 'em, there doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

Anyway, I think I'm going to give them a try. I have it narrowed down to 3 types, all 215/60/16.

  1. KR21 (these are the new ones - came out recently). I got a price on them of .95 each plus tax.

  1. Solus KH16

  2. HP4 716

If you're familiar with any or all of these tires please let me know what you think of them.

Man, I hate buying tires. The international confusion by handed out manufacturers and sellers drives me nuts (or maybe I'm just easily confused).

We're in Florida, never see snow but we do drive in fairly HEAVY rain pretty frequently where we are.

Thanks,

Sammy

Reply to
sammy

I should have said the $75.95 included stems, mounting balancing.

Sammy

Reply to
sammy

I don't have the same model tires but of the three brands of Z rated tires on my Mustang GT I like the Kumho's best overall. The ones I have are an directional, asymmetrical all season tread.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I have the Ecsta ASX and they are great! I got a good deal at tirerack.com. Also, Kumho had a rebate for $40 too.

Reply to
zcarenow

Kumho sells a lot of tires which are entry-level performance tires. People who have never driven with real performance tires are delighted with how they drive. People who are used to high-grade performance tires cannot stand them. It's a matter of differing expectations.

You might consider spending a little more money and getting the Michelin Hydro-Edge. They aren't going to corner like a performance tire, but they are amazingly stable on wet roads and they don't go berserk on grooved pavement the way the old Goodyear Aquatreads did.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey