ASD Relay Question

On my 98 Dodge Stratus, I am not getting voltage back to the fuel pump plug, from the power distribution center. When I checked both the fuel pump relay, and ASD relay, they both checked out fine. When I checked for voltage at pin 30, inside the PDC box, for the ASD relay, I got 12 volts. Then at pin 86, for the same relay, I got 12 volts with the key off and I am only suppose to get the voltage at that pin when the key is turned on. Is this telling the PCM to turn off the fuel pump and ignition? The car is in a no start situation. I am getting spark with my spark tester, but the fuel pump isn't turning on, so this seems like a fuel issue to me now. I can't find anywhere where it talks about having voltage at that ASD when the key is not turned on. Any ideas?

Thanks Randy

Reply to
Randy Pape

might want to check your owners manual. Sometimes there is a reset.

Reply to
komobu

My information shows the switch side and coil side of the ASD relay, are hot all the time. The computer has to ground the coil side of the relay, before it will energize.

The fuel pump relay shows to be different. The switch side goes hot when you turn the key on. the coil side shows to be hot all the time. Again, the computer has to ground the coil side of the relay before it will energize.

I don't know how accurate this wiring diagram might be?

Reply to
jdl

thank you very much for the info, it's a big help.

Reply to
Randy Pape