Auto Insurance Question

I just got a quote for insurance on my two old cars that may be too good to be true. I have been with Nationwide Insurance for 20 years with no accidents, tickets, or claims. I got a quote from Amica Insurance that offers more coverage at a lower price:

COVERAGE NATIONWIDE AMICA BID

Bodily Injury Liab $50K/$100k $100k/$300k Prop Damage Liab $40k $50k Unins Mot Bod Injury $50k/$100k $100k/$300k Unins Mot Prop Dam $40k $50k Personal Injury Med $10k $10k Collision/Comp None None

Annual Premium $872 $820

Nationwide claims to be giving me a discount for being a long-time customer so I don't see how Amica could charge a new customer less for more coverage.

What am I am missing? Is Amica's price a come-on rate that will jump higher after the first year?

I tried calling Nationwide for answers but they won't take customer inquiries outside of weekday business hours.

Any enlightenment will be appreciated. Thanks.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan