Autonomous Vehicles

Has anyone had the chance to cut-off in traffic an autonomous car?

Just as a test of course.

I haven't seen one yet but have heard from those who have.

Just wondering if one rear ends me and then drives off can I sue the hell out of googel? That might be some serious money Who do they lock up for hit-and-run? The CEO?

Also I am wondering if I can use the autonomous car defense. That is when I get pulled over jump in the pax seat and claim the car is autonomous.

Reply to
Electric Comet

My guess is that these cars have video cameras to document idiotic driver behaviors or scams. You better stick with snatching old ladies purses for your beer money! :-)

Reply to
dsi1

Document? Idiotic? How will they prove that? Don't you know the word accident?

Sounds like you're revealing your income generator better watch out for the IRS

also I know a little old lady that carries a 9mm in that purse if she draws on you, and she will do, you will be happy if you remembered to wear your diapers :-)

Reply to
Electric Comet

The same way they do it today when drivers have dashboard cams. They show the video from the camera to the jury and and the prosecutor points out the idiotic thing, and then the person responsible for cutting the vehicle off gets declared guilty.

Because juries know the word "accident" but they also know words like "intentional collision."

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

But who will it be? my autonomous vehicle got cut off, yours was driving erratically and unpredictably

who's responsible?

your car was clearly at fault my telemetry and video, audio, photo evidence proves it

if you are google then who's the person responsible

Gray area easy to cast doubt upon especially with juries

Reply to
Electric Comet

Thanks for the heads up! What's the name of this lady and what times will she be on the street? One can never be too careful these days with all the old ladies with guns acting like they're Rambo or some such!

Reply to
dsi1

Google,,, Autonomous car to drive 3,500 miles across America. I think I saw that at

a few days ago.

Reply to
JR

I'd like to hitch a ride, if I may. :-)

Reply to
dsi1

When it gets stuck in the mud, will it call triple AAA ?

Reply to
JR

It'll call quadruple A - Autonomous Automobile Association of America which will relay the call to an autonomous auto towing service. All this will happen in one millionth of a second. :-)

Reply to
dsi1