AWD Pontiac Montana driveshaft joints?

Friend's father has an AWD Montana, and the front joint for the driveshaft (not axle halfshaft, the shaft running from the rear of the transaxle to th e rear diff) has a torn boot.

I'm finding limited references to this vehicle on a web search and the few I've found indicate that the shaft is not serviceable and can only be repla ced as an assembly. Please tell me it's not so; this might be a vehicle ki ller given the cost of the driveshafts I've found. I'm having flashbacks t o a similar issue on my old E28 535i...

thanks,

nate

Reply to
N8N

Take it to a rebuilder. Down here I can recommend Craft Machine in Hampton, VA.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey