B4000 / Ranger Engine the same?

I have a 1994 Mazda B4000 truck that needs a new engine. Looking on one site that sells rebuilt engines they list one price for the Mazda B4000 engine (higher) and a different price for a Ranger 4 liter engine (lower). Aren't these trucks the same? I should be able to put a Ranger 4 liter engine in a B4000, or is this not possible for some reason?

Reply to
H2OTom

the B4000 IS a Ranger except for the grill, tail lenses and a few quirks inside. the engine is a Ford 4.0L Champaine model. the catch is, the Ford engine is lower because it's not a "foreign" name. Anything mazda, or "foreign" means $$$$.

If the tranny is a 5speed, it's built by mazda, if automatic, it's a Ford Tranny.

Reply to
Eric F

, searchable used auto parts clear across North America; search results show all interchangeable years, makes and models for any given part searched.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern