Bad valve guides cause check engine light to come on?

Have a 2000 Mazda Protege ES with 127k on it

Check engine light keeps coming on so took it to Autozone where they hooked it up to analyzer

Error codes suggest something abt bad valve guides!

Can bad valve guides cause this light to come on?

Reply to
me

No.

Reply to
Mike

The code is, the symptoms are, no info here!

Reply to
maxwedge

Take it back or to another autozone and get the actual codes or translations from the unit and let us know what they are. I would expect someone here will be able to offer help with specific info.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Ok thanks will do

I didn't happen to get the codes form the autozone guys.... he was not very thrilled abt checking it anyway

Reply to
me