Battery

The heat in Texas is killing my 18 month battery. Any tips on how to keep a battery cool in very hot weather?

Reply to
Flyer

Back up Amigo. Please explain why you believe it is the heat that is killing your battery. Is the electrolyte boiling? ;)

mike hunt

Flyer wrote:

Reply to
BenDover

According to my automotive electricity and electronics book

It is best to store a battery that is fully charged in a cold area.

And relates it to the military storing their batteries in freezers.

The book says that the colder the battery, the longer it will hold the charge.

I cant remember where i read or heard this. But batteries now have a better insulating casing, and the old story of leaving the battery on concrete is no longer true.

Reply to
Erik