BBC denies rigging Top Gear Tesla Roadster car race

I watch them for the stupid stunts they do.Otherwise, I Literally can not stand them at all.And it's BBC too, that makes it twice as bad. BBC = Biassed Broad Casters. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Car made in USA.

Car set up by Clarkson

Clarkson hates America.

Ergo...

There are 2 reasons I don't watch Top Gear. Number two is that I can't afford very many of the cars they feature.

Can you guess the Number One reason?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I used to listen to the BBC ALL THE TIME for thier unbiased repoting. That was about 15 years ago. Now, the spin gives me the whirlies...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:4487-4D93F6BB-2399@storefull-

3171.bay.webtv.net:

I'm not sure they "rigged" the test. Driven as aggressively as the Top Gear staff drives them, ALL cars get lousy mileage.

Remember a few years ago how the Ford GT ran out of gas during Top Gear's track test?

Reply to
Tegger

This is a ridiculous lawsuit that is most likely intended as a publicity stunt. The show in question was aired almost 3 years ago. Clarkson drove the Tesla like he drives everything else on the test track, wheels smoking, sliding sideways, etc. I don't doubt that the way it was driven would suck the batteries down at 4 or 5 times the rates expected when the car was driven "normally."

I actually thought the segment was reasonably positive towards the car. Given the cost, small size, limited performance, and complexity of the car, only an idiot would buy one, so it seems to me Clarkson was the perfect person to test it.

This is a case where I think the idiots bringing the lawsuit should have to pay damages when they lose the lawsuit - which they will if their is any justice. Maybe Toyota should sue Top Gear for the Prius test (where they "proved" a Prius gets worse gas mileage than a BMW M3) and for sure several tire companies should sue Top Gear for destrying their tires on screen.

As for Clarkson hating America - doesn't he hate almost everything? It seems to me he routinely insults Germans, Australians, French, Italains, Liberals of all sorts, at least half of the people of England, his co-presenters, etc., etc., etc. I do agree he is biased against US cars, but then he keeps testing some of them doesn't he.....My Father used to say you only needed to worry when they didn't talk about you.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I think it was about 2 years and 7 months after Katrina when they did that Miami to New Orleans road trip.It is like Clarkson had expected New Orleans to have been completely rebuilt in that lenght of time since Katrina.What if a 'Katrina' had hit an equal size city in U.K.?

I like it that some people on the Isle of Man destroyed his gate posts and threw them over that clift and tore up his fence. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

A lawsuit objecting to the obvious. Electric cars can have range or speed/acceleration but not both.

Reply to
Brent

Best was the Reliant Robin space shuttle. It was just jaw-droppingly insane.

Reply to
Roger Blake

That's what I love about the guy.

Reply to