Belt Life , 2004 Hyundai

I just bought a 2004 Hyundai with 90 k on the odometer and wonder if it is past the mileage point for replacement . My last car had 70 k listed as a good point for a primary belt change. The warranty goes to 100 k but I doubt that thisis covered. Thanks for any replies,... Don

Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 65-67

Reply to
Donald Keeney

this site says 60,000 miles

boxing

I would doubt this is covered as well, but could be wrong. This is a regular maintenance item, I would think.

If you dont know for sure, from service records, that this belt has been changed, then I would get it changed immediately. This is an interference engine and can be destroyed if that belt fails.

Reply to
HLS

So far as I can tell, serpentine belts seem to outlast engines. If it's a timing belt you are referring to, change it.

Reply to
zzyzzx