Beretta toe problem solved

Amazing what happens when Canadian Tire calibrates their equipment.

The rear toe magically went from -3/8" to +1/8" on the left. Everything is now back in spec. Coincidentially, the numbers are virtually the same as the December alignment in the rear.

And in the front... here's yesterday's final settings versus today's inital settings for camber: left: yesterday final: +.7 deg today's initial: -.2 deg right: yesterday final: +.1 deg today's initial: +.9 deg so, either my front struts are loose (not) or their equipment was all whacked yesterday.

And so, the Canadian Tire on Regent in Winnipeg gets one thumb up for fixing it, but one extended middle finger for doing such a crappy job in the first place and wanting to charge me $120 to shim the rear end to fix the fact they can't measure properly and making me argue with them that their machine is broken and not my car.

Ray

Reply to
ray

It seemed like a lot of gut feel from the start. Will you please rub my magic rock before I tackle such an endeavor? Happy your story ends well. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

gut feel? I don't understand. I had an alignment done in December after new tierods and balljoints. Car tracked great. I changed an axle and the front struts on the weekend and was told the rear end was totally out of spec, yet nothing was bent or worn or rusted and the car has not been in any accidents. Had the car not been on the alignment rack 4 months ago I would have been "ok" and had the rear end shimmed (a) needlessly and (b) now the alignment would have been really fouled up. I would have had a 1/2" of toe on the left rear!

Reply to
news