Best glue for headliner installation

I am going to try to replace the headliner in my 89 F-150 standard cab. I bought the headliner material at the fabric store and a can of

3M foam fast 74. Is this the best glue to use? Will it hold up to heat? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply to
Don

If you go to the 3M website and search for headliner, the first product that pops up is called '3M? Fast Tack Trim Adhesive':

"Extremely fast drying light amber adhesive for bonding trim fabric. This product is especially good for adhering overhead trim, like *headliners*. Light non-staining color."

It comes in a 5oz tube.

HTH Mark

Reply to
olsonm

You are on the right track. Be sure to scrup off all old foam with a wire brush or something else befor applying glue and new cloth. The stuff I used is

3M General Trim Adhesive - (part 051135) - 08088. It has the special head to distribute the adhesive. Start with the cloth upside down and work it right side up from the center out on both sides. Good luck
Reply to
Dick Wells
3M #8080 spray trim adhesive. Make sure you have it where you want it the first time.
Reply to
Steve Barker