Best tools for cleaning inside of car?

I own a small compact vehicle

The dang thing is kind of hard to keep clean inside cause of its compactness and crooks and crannies

Got me to thinking... maybe I don't have the right "tools" for keeping the darn thing clean?

What tools and goods do you find it invaluable to own to keep inside of your vehicle washed and clean and neat?

Reply to
me

Good to hear. I'm getting sick to goddamn death of all the large compact vehicles and small full-sizers on the road.

Well, yeah, once a dirty crook, always a dirty crook, generally.

A good supply of quarters. That's not gonna work for you, though, on account of all them crooks.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

The nooks and crannies of cars are just made to hold bits of leaves, the little paper thing that comes off the end of a straw, stray pennies, crumbs of whatever you were eating, etc. A household vacuum cleaner with the smallest and cleverest "crevice tools" that go on the end of the hose is a big help.

There might be some 12V car vacs now that provide both the right tools and a useful amount of suction but it isn't a market I'm familiar with.

Refraining from eating in the car helps even more. (Let's not even talk about smoking except encouragement to quit.) Food crumbs and bits of food wrappings just naturally make things worse. If you have kids, well, good luck.

Oh, yes, and good floor mats are a big help. The quicker they start to look dirty, the better the job they're doing! Frankly, I like the sport-ute ones that can actually contain about a quarter inch of water and mud and whatnot until such time as you can (carefully) lift them out and dump them. Better there than on the carpet...

There are all sorts of back-of-seat and console and inside-the-trunk organizers, so shop around and see what fits your car and your usage scenario. An organizer that you never use because it isn't quite suit the need is just more clutter in its own right.

Cheers,

--Joe

Reply to
Ad absurdum per aspera

I've not seen anything out there that looks to me like its really designed for a small cramped space like a little car. Maybe I'm missing certain models?

Also.... is a sponge abt the best way to wipe clean the plastic interior of a car? I've tried using paper towels but they fall apart in my hand

Reply to
me

shop vac with extra length non-marking hose and both brush (dusting tool) and small crevice tool. a couple of soft brushes (small paint brush type 1/2") soft sponge chamois can of carpet and upholstry cleaner.

shop rags - cotton I do not like paper towels, they often shred.

if your local auto parts store has a section on car detailing tools have a look.

Reply to
marks542004

For dust on the dash you might consider a small (2 inch) paint brush.

Reply to
Brian Stell