Best ways to remove hairline scratches and tiny dings?

I'm having no luck with my car. Bought it eight months ago and after having the wheel stolen and then sideswiped, I finally got it back in new condition. Seems though, over the last couple weeks, a series of hairline scratches have appeared on the door, as well as a very tiny ding. Actually, I don't know if it can be categorized as a ding because the door itself feels perfectly smooth, it's just that when you shine a light off it you can see the warping.

Anyway, I'm thinking the reason these are all there is because I parked the car in front of the lawn over a couple of days when my father was mowing it and doing some weed whacking.

I understand that cars are gonna have their scratches and dents over time, but I'd like to keep it looking as new as possible for as long as possible. That being said, are there any things that I can do to remove the scratches and dents without taking it to the body shop?

Thanks in advance.

----------------- "It's no secret around Nashville that Kid Kash beats his women!" - Kid Kash, TNA, June 2003.

Reply to
ImSoExcitedImSoExcitedImsoSCARED

Call a local dealership body shop and kindly ask the name of the paintless-dent-removal man they use--usually mobile and come to your place. Since u only have one car, u may have to schedule to bring yours over to a dealership, near you, where he will be on a certain day doing several cars at once. Their work is remarkable & undetectable & MUCH cheaper (when he knows his business) than straightening, sanding, and painting.. And the new car dealer-bodyshops know who's best! As far as scratches are concerned, if you have a nice, relatively new car, it'd be best to take it to a detail shop where they are accustomed to running a buffer. You may be more apt to burn the paint than they. Shouldn't charge you but a few bucks. hth & good luck......sdlomi

Reply to
sdlomi