Blower on a 350 crate motor

I have a 350 HO crate motor that I want to put a Weiand blower on. Anything I should change about the motor? How much of hit do you think the engine will take on fuel economy?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Compression can be an issue- usually lowered when adding a blower. Cam choice is important- info from the crate manufacturer or weiand is best. May need to up the spark power- higher cylinder pressure, and the higher the pressure, the harder it is for the spark to jump the gap.

If you gear the car and the blower right, and tune the engine for it (cam choice, etc.) you can have minimal losses for normal street driving, as long as you keep your foot out of it.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

You are putting a blower on a car and are worried about fuel economy? C'mon...

Leave it stock if fuel economy is an issue....

Reply to
John S.

Your probably going to need to change the pistons to lower the compression. Change the cam to one ground to work with a blower and you will want the hottest ignition you can get. You may also need to change the crank if it is a cast crank depending on how much boost you intend to run.

Fuel economy and blower cannot be used in the same sentence. IF you keep your foot off the pedal and set everything up to operate properly you will minimize the loss.

Reply to
Steve W.