BMW 318 runs very rough.

I have a beemer question.

Engine runs very rough. Stalls sometimes. I pulled all the plug wires off one by one, but it kept running. It had been raining but the ignition seems very dry. If I take the oil fil cap of nothing changes, it keeps running as rough as it did. Some smoke seems to be coming from behind the engine, near the ignition. It had the same problem a few weeks ago for a day but then disappeared again. Any ideas?

kaasman

Reply to
kaasman

Vacuum leak?

Reply to
HLS

So where do I start looking for a leak?

kaasman

Reply to
kaasman

No, it's a bimmer...

Beemers are BMW motorcycles...

Reply to
Z.Z.

Basically everywhere...look for cracked hoses, fittings, etc. There can be leaks at manifolds. You might want to find out what is happening on the back side of the engine where the leak is occuring.

It could be lots of other things too.

Reply to
HLS