BMW 330 transmission problem

I have a 5-spd manual. Occasionaly, when shifting from 1st to 2nd, as I let the clutch pedal out, the cars "leaps" forward. The dealer says they find nothing wrong.

Reply to
jh

IMHO this isn't a transmission problem, it is an engine problem. When you shift up, you momentarily lift off the accelerator pedal, and engine RPMs drop. This facilitates a smooth shift. Perhaps your throttle is sticking open occasionally so you don't get the desired RPM drop. Check for a dirty or worn throttle body, friction in the throttle cable, or carpet interfering with free movement of the accelerator pedal.

Daniel B. Martin

Reply to
Daniel B. Martin