bonding agent instead of welding-quarter panel replacement 67 Camaro

We are having the quarter panels replaced on a 1967 Camaro due to some damage in the wheel areas.

The shop that is going to do the work is asking if we would allow them to use a bonding agent and overlap the seam area at the top of the quarter panel instead of actually welding it.

We have no first hand knowledge of bonding agents versus welding, and are looking for any feedback someone might want to share.

Thanks, rick2950 aat hot male if you want to email direct.

Reply to
Rick2950

If this is the "fusor" system, I have heard good things about it but have no personal experience. Theoretically it should work well and provide even better corrosion resistance as you wouldn't be burning off the protective coating on the inside of the panel, and hopefully providing an air and watertight seal which is theoretically attainable with a weld, but requires more skill on the part of the operator.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

You dont get the warpage that one would with welding, therefore less bondo at the seam. Without a doubt, its the way to go! Jim

Reply to
gobroncos

If the underside is not water proofed by some means the panel will unbond in a few years. How do I know you ask?

Reply to
RJ